Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Busy Already?!


The answer is YES! I am rather amazed at how this year is starting off. Let's go in order... The month of January is dedicated to two things. First it is dedicated to making art. Damn it. I need to spend time inside making art and finishing this one sculpture that i am in the middle of. It's not too far from being done, I just need time to do it. So i have dedicated every Saturday to making art. Hopefully this will just continue, where i can spend one day to art. Maybe make it a habit and I won't stop. Part of the reasoning on this is A) I have to- I am an artist and B) I have the possibilities of shows. The woman that put up that show at the local bar is connected to other people and she likes my stuff. So if someone likes your stuff, they are more apt to promote it. I swung by on Monday to pick up the pieces from this past show and she gave me another book to do something with. They were having the opening for the next month's show the following evening and she told me to come by. I did, met the artist and got some good talking time with her. She had told me of a call for artists that she thought my work would be great for. She also introduced me to some of her friends and told them i was the one that created the book pieces in the past show. They all said how much they liked my work, which is a great feeling. So with all this possible pushing and prodding, i need to get my ass in gear and make some new work.

The second thing I am devoting the month of January to is working out. No, don't get me wrong. It is not a New Years Resolution AT ALL. Granted I do feel like a big fatty, but that isn't why. I have finally been given the date of my black belt test. It will be February 1st. So I need to make sure i don't pass out or die in the middle. So i am amp-ing up my cardio workouts, so my little heart can keep up. I also need to just do all my traditional stuff (which is something I can do on my own), and just keep at it. So this month I will practically be living at the Tae Kwon Do studio. But i am excited and ready. My mind is ready. I am not fully nervous. I have a goal and a date, so I will be good. Granted, I will most likely be scared shitless the day of... but that is another story.

I have also booked my upcoming vacation. This will be in March for about 8 days total, but granted 2 days are really travel days. I will be going to Turkey. I am so excited for this trip. This will be my first trip to Asia and to a Muslim country. I am flying into Istanbul (not Constantinople.....) and plan on spending a few days there. Then i want to fly out to Cappadocia. This is in the middle of Turkey and has these caves and underground cities. I worked with a guy who had lived in Turkey and has sculptures there, so I am going to pick his brain as well as to what he thinks I should do.

The month of February will fly by, as it always does, with my birthday in the middle of it. I will be gearing up and planning.... and of course making art.

1 comment:

i zimbra said...

You sound focused and pumped. I love it.