Friday, February 6, 2009

That Time of the Year Again....


It's that time of the year for me. Every February I get frustrated and annoyed and it's like a permanent PMS. This year I was going to be pro-active and make sure it didn't happen, but here we are again and it's happening. I get beyond frustrated with my job, so I had sent out applications for new jobs. I got two call backs where one I met with them twice and the other I had two phone interviews. I was told that I was supposed to have a third interview ( which is kind of annoying) but I hadn't heard back from them. I decided to be proactive and send an email stating that I was supposed to have this third interview and wanted to know when it would be so I could plan my meetings with my clients accordingly. Which is true And makes me look like I am organized. I had sent this out about a week and half ago with no response. I did finally get an email yesterday saying it was getting postponed until after the 23rd.

I was also supposed to have my other face to face instead of phone interview scheduled last week and have not heard from them either. This is also equally annoying, but their hours are not what I really want and might not be flexible to accommodate my WFMU time. That is just something I don't want to disappear right now.

On the radio front, as you can tell I have not had any fill in shifts. I did get asked to do one for last Sunday from 6 am to 9 am. I did that shift before and loved it. The problem was I responded too late and someone else said yes. And I mean too late being 45 minutes after it was sent! I was do excited to get more air time. The one nice thing was that he liked the show I did when I filled in for him last time and I am now on his radar as a fill in. The other thing about the station is that the station manager keeps bringing new people around for studio training, especially when I am in the studio working on my weekly show. Since I am only board op-ing, and running a ore recorded show, that studio can be used for training. What annoys me is that he is training SOMEONE else! I been with this station and dependable! Give ME a chance! People seem to like what I am doing.... So come on!

The last thing I am annoyed at, but is not high on the list is this stupid bar that wanted to meet me about showing my work. So as I had said, the guy who was in charge of that was no longer there. I figured I would contact them in a month or two. No biggie. Then a couple weeks later I got an email from the person taking over for him. She wanted to honor the people he contacted and was having a hard time finding everyone's info. So I wrote her back and sent example images and that was that. I haven't heard anything else. The only reason this one isn't as high is because I wanted some time to create and finish some new pieces and I haven't had any free time due to my TKD training.

Well I can at least end this on a good note. I took my black belt test and all my extra classes and off day practicing has paid off! It was long, about 6 hours total, and there were parts j wanted to stop, but I made it. I broke my wood, which I haven't done in my past few tests. I even broke one with my hand and broke a double board with a back kick. J survived the circle of death. I was sore the following day but only that day. I was not as wrecked as I thought I would be. Tonight I have my black belt ceremony. So that should be fun.

1 comment:

JustFrankie said...

Looks like you are going through some bullshit,hopefully it won't get worse and better opportunities will soon arise. If you can survive the circle of death, the sky is the limit!


Peace and rays of light your way,


Frankie