Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Time of Change


So we have a new president. Doesn't that have a nice ring to it? A NEW PRESIDENT. It's an amazing thing. We all now can sigh with relief. I no longer have to lie about where i am from or give excuses explaining that I did not vote for Bush. It's a relief.

Other changes are happening. Or could be happening. I have had an interview and getting ready for another one this coming Friday. This happened yesterday. Yesterday I also got a two phone calls about another job, which i had in sense did a phone interview. That is rather exciting and a surprise. Part of the surprise is that people are hiring in this economy. Part is that they are calling me. I guess another part of the surprise is that I am happy to know that there IS a possibility of getting to leave my current job, which i a miserable at. My boss is constantly up my ass about trying to get sales and go out and meet with people and stir up business. Now mind you, I don't mind meeting with clients, but not when i am forced to. And to go out, knowing that no one is ordering cause it is not a NEED of their events, makes it difficult. I even came up with a great idea to give our clients incentive to buy more, which went over well that day, but then was shot down the following day, cause my boss has no balls. He needs many people to tell him this is a great idea and stroke him, so that he will be happy... It's annoying. I am not the kind of person to stroke his ego or make him feel loved and what not. You are the boss. You have the ability to make executive decisions.

This past weekend I went to The Zlatne Uste Golden Festival up in Inwood (Harlem). It was an all Balkan music festival, with three stages. I was working the second day there, airing it live on WFMU. We were there for 6 hours, airing the music. It was definitely a great time. Three stages of music playing all at the same time, so there was always music to check out. Lots of dancing, free food and beer and a lot of fun.

As for the meeting up with the possible show at the local bar, well that didn't go so well. The guy in charge of that was let go the day before i showed up. Fun eh? So they don't know who is taking over that job, and i am stuck waiting again. Oh well. So be it.

No comments: